Saturday, September 26, 2015

Aliciabel Christmas Card

I wanted to make a Christmas card that combined a few different elements: it needed to use foil and embossing to qualify for the Wow! Embossing Challenge, it needed to have a sentiment on the front for the Monday Greetings Challenge at the Outlawz this week, it needed an Aliciabel image so I could participate in her challenge for the first time this month, you get the idea. It's nearing the end of the month, so I feel like it's crunch time trying to get in all the challenges I'd like to try! If I somehow could have thrown in craft paper and pumpkins, I would have tried, lol! Then I could have entered several more challenges! I'll just have to see what I can manage over the next few days and remember there's always next month!
To make the card base for this card, I used my Spellbinders Grand Labels 1. I had to get out my eBosser to have a platform big enough to fit the die, and I used 2 pieces of cardstock that I glued together to make the base. Then I cut a piece of sparkly red cardstock the same size and popped it up with foam tape to cover the base.
The next layer was done with silver foil paper embossed with Spellbinders "Roman Romance" embossing folder. Then I cut it with a Spellbinders Labels 1 die.
I had already sized the Aliciabel Christmas tree digi stamp using my Silhouette Design Studio software, so I printed it out and colored it with my new Copics. (My husband did a great job selecting a birthday present for me this year!) I heat embossed "Merry Christmas" onto some vellum with a Paper Smooches stamp and then adhered the vellum over the digi stamp.
Here's a close up of the embossing on the vellum over the stamp before I adhered it to the card:
I adhered the digi stamp to the silver foil using foam tape. I thought about centering the image but didn't want to cover the lovely embossing behind it! I felt it needed a little something more, so I added a snowflake from Spellbinders 2013 Snowflake Pendant set die cut from white pearlescent cardstock.
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
The Outlawz Monday Greetings Challenge
http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com/
Aliciabel Challenge Blog: ATG
http://aliciabelchallengeblog.blogspot.com/
Little Miss Muffet Challenges: Bingo  (Glitter, sentiment, dies)
http://littlemissmuffetchallenges.blogspot.com/2015/09/challenge-121-bingo.html#comment-form

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carrie! I am so impress at the different elements you've combined for this stunning Christmas card! WOW! The Spellbinders "Roman Romance" embossing on your foil is just amazing! I've never tried this technique before. You made it look so easy and fun. The vellum is another gorgeous touch to the overall card. Beautifully done Carrie. Thanks so much for joining us over at Outlawz Monday-Greetings for our "Create a Christmas card" this week. Look forward to seeing you next week, hopefully :) for our easy fun "Anything Goes" theme! Have a lovely rest of your weekend Carrie.

    Christina Hor
    DT - Outlawz Monday-Greetings
    memoriescrafter.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a darling design! Congrats on your Wow! win! YAY for you!!!

    ReplyDelete