Thursday, May 26, 2016

Revelation 17:14 Word Art Freebie

Recently my mom commissioned me to make some cards for her to give to the women who have been in her Bible Study Fellowship discussion group this year. She didn't give me a verse but just told me to choose something myself. There have been so many wonderful verses in our study of Revelation this year, but I chose Revelation 17:14 and made my first attempt at creating word art. It was much more time-consuming than I thought it would be! Still, it was fun to play with fonts and sizes and decide where to put each word. I wanted the verse to fit on a banner, so I made it tall and narrow. The fonts I used for the word art are Calibri and Calligrafitti.
I used white A2 card bases and cut a strip of chalkboard paper with lambs on it from The Paper Studio. Then I die cut using a Spellbinders crown die and silver cardstock. Next I die cut the verse using a Gina Marie Designs banner die. They are rather simple but elegant, I think. I made enough of them to give to the children in my level 3 BSF class, our BSF class staff and the BSF children's leaders my 3 youngest children had this year. This verse just seems to sum up the whole book of Revelation so well. 
I'm a little late in posting this because I wanted to give away the word art I made and didn't know how to convert the silhouette file to a .png file. I googled how to do that this week and downloaded the free version of bullzip so I could convert the file and post it here. It's yours for the taking if you are interested! I'm hoping to fit in more time to do Scripture word art, so I'll be sure to share any new work here.
 
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
WordArt Wednesdays - W,5E , scriptural word art freebie offered each week#232/233 Family Friendly/Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp - W, 5E - Anything Goes 
Creative Corner - W, 3E  - Clean and Simple

Fussy and Fancy - 2W - No.164 - (W1 of 2) - Dies and/or Punches
Simply Papercraft - 2WE3 - No. 29 (W1 of 2) - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create - W, 3E, Any Craft Accepted - #177 Anything Goes w/Optional Twist: Create Your Own Challenge!
Glitter n Sparkle - W, F - #189 Anything Goes
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - 2W (1st & 3rd Sun) E3 #34 Always Anything Goes  (W2 of 2)
Our Crafty Corner - M, 1st Monday, E3 - (May) Always Anything Goes
City Crafter Challenge  W - #313 - Black and White*
Crafty Sentiment Designs W, 1E, SIO - Anything Goes
{Pin}spirational 2W -   #166 - Anything Goes (Week 1) 
Retarte 2W, E3 - #77 - Anything Goes (Week 2)
Through The Craft Room Door W, 2E - Always Anything Goes














10 comments:

  1. It's great to make something so perfect for your mum's group , and this has a wonderful,striking and unique design. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter. Marina DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous cards
    thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mum will LOVE this! You put so much time and effort in this lovely set of cards and it shows off. And you nailed our theme. Thanks so much for joining us this week at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute card!! Thank for playing with us at Fussy & Fancy challenge.
    Nathalie DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a labour of love. i'm sure everyone was chuffed with them. thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa DT xx.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Stampartpapel Retarte#77
    Alexandra Dt

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're lovely cards! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. FABULOUS design! Love the set of cards! I am sure your Mom's friends in the Bible Group will love it! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card, Carrie. You are so creative and this one is a favorite for me. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us. It always blesses my heart to see your wonderful creations linked to our challenge. Have a blessed week, and please join us again real soon.
    Hugs,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a great crafty day!!! (So sorry for not commenting sooner but this proving I'm NOT A ROBOT stuff is driving me nuts!!!)
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete