Friday, July 1, 2016

Papertrey Ink Texture Paste Cupcake Card

This week over at the Papertrey Ink Make it Monday challenge, the challenge is to use texture paste with stencils and ink. I love the look of texture paste with stencils but had never tried painting it with ink before, so this was a fun new technique to try. 
I started with a white 5X7 inch card base. I used a Tim Holtz stencil taped in place with washi tape and added Faber Castell cement color texture paste with a palette knife. Then, using a paint brush with the stencil still in place, I painted on Mister Huey's "Pretty Pink" ink (it's more red than pink, but that suited my color scheme here). I let that dry while making my cupcake using Papertrey Ink's "Enclosed Cupcake" die set. You can't really see it in the picture, but the cherry on top is cut out of sparkly red felt. I adhered it to the card with foam squares to pop it up a bit.
I also added the "Hooray" die cut using a die from Papertrey Ink's "Shaker Shapes Balloon" die set.
Here's a close-up of the painted texture paste. 
 I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Papertrey Ink Make it Monday Challenge http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/
Curtain Call: Cherry Bomb http://curtaincallchallenge.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. Your cupcake looks yummy enough to eat (love your little felt cherry too!) and I love the stenciled part with the texture paste too...fun, fun card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card Carrie. Love the SWEET cupcake with the cherry. The textured corner looks great. Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so fun! Super sweet take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete